Friday, September 13, 2013

Dos a Cero... Again!

Hi! We’re the Red, White and Blues Brothers and this is our color-coded U.S. Soccer blog. Chip writes in red and Danny writes in blue. We cheer for the U.S. and you better too! 

I must say I was extremely proud of my hometown, Columbus Ohio! We speculated it would be a 75/25 crowd in our favor, but I must say we had about 90 or even 95% of the crowd Tuesday night. I must also say I am extremely proud of the USMNT! It took some guts and determination and weathering an early storm, but they got the result we needed! 


We certainly have A LOT to improve upon too. In a short interview with Danny before the game, I predicted a 2-1 score. WHAT was I thinking? We were playing Mexico IN Columbus... of course the score was going to be 2-0! (The same score it has been ALL 4 times we played Mexico in Columbus!). Yes, Even a Clint Dempsey penalty kick in stoppage time couldn't change that score. He missed the net! I also predicted Beasley to be the Man of The Match. I think I was just trying to project my positive energy towards him, but again.... WHAT was I thinking? Still love Beasley and his commitment to the team, but he NEEDS to be moved out of the defense! Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on that one, Chip. I might be one of the biggest DaMarcus Beasley fans going all the way back to his Chicago Fire days at the turn of the Millennium and I love his attacking style of play, but he needs to be a strong defender and he almost gave up an own goal in front of Tim Howard early in the game. Is he even playing left back for his club team, Puebla?   Goodson played a strong game in the back I felt. Fabian Johnson did not. Fabian was actually playing that position for the first time in over a year and strained his hamstring towards the end of the first half and his dog ate his homework and...  Michael Parkhurst came in at halftime for Fabian.  We shall see how it goes with Cameron and Besler back for the next game. Hopefully Jurgen will not tinker too much just because we have qualified. We still NEED to win the HEX in my opinion to go into WC with a strong confidence. 

The pregame crowd was spectacular. Danny and I even got to dance with some of the Mexican fans and they were wonderful and gracious! Well, except  for that Mexican dude who was dancing with my wife. He took our hats off of our heads and started doing the Mexican hat dance, which I was cool with, until  he started kicking dirt on my hat. Hopefully Danny and I can really get our P.E.A.C.E. PARTY movement going for Brazil.... because, there were still embarrassing moments inside the stadium. Beer throwing, cursing and taunting. It just makes me sad that we have to degrade ourselves and the sport I love that way! Hopefully we can change that. Yeah, that would be nice but I don't think we can change it. Unfortunately, I think it will always be a part of the game. I do think we can unite like-minded fans and families and give them a safe and rewarding supporter section experience. To find out more and to join the P.E.A.C.E. PARTY, visit our new website, RedWhiteAndBluesBros.com

I did get to meet Tony Meola and give him our book and our flyer on our Supporter Group movement for families and kids. Hoping he will mention that somewhere and help kick start it. Also met a guy named DJ who does a great blog called Wrong Side of The Pond. He has some soccer connections and knows what he is talking about too. So hoping he will help get the word out about our movement too. And check out his blog, podcast and website at  www.wrongsideofthepond.com

Kyle Beckerman did a solid enough job for the game, but it also has become blatantly obvious that we NEED Bradley desperately if we want to WIN the WC! I say Bradley is our best and most important player moving forward. What do YOU say? Landon and Dempsey played solid and with Jozy coming back I am not worried about our offense at all. But if we don't control the midfield and keep the flowing of the game going well, our defense will break down and it will be ugly I feel! I was surprised to see Zusi on the bench and used only as a late sub, but we also need to mention the great job by Gold Cup stand out, Mix Diskerud. He was the playmaker on the Donovan goal. 

OK, go out and root for the Red White and Blue in KC and Panama!! And see ya all in Brazil!! Next up is U.S. vs Jamaica in Kansas City on October 11. Go USA!



No comments:

Post a Comment